This is an Android NFC-App for reading,writing, analyzing, etc. MIFARE® Classic RFID-Tags.
This tool provides several features to interact with (andonly with) MIFARE Classic RFID-Tags.
It is designed for users who have at least basic familiarity withthe MIFARE Classic technology.
┏━┫ PLEASE READ ┣━
┃Please read the whole page and make sure you got everything rightbefore rating. Thank you!
┃If you rate with less then 4 stars, please leave a comment why.This way I can improve this app.
┃If you like MCT please consider to buy the donate version.
• Read MIFARE Classic tags
• Save and edit the tag data you read
• Write to MIFARE Classic tags (block-wise)
• Clone MIFARE Classic tags
(Write dump of a tag to another tag; write ‘dump-wise’)
• Key management based on dictionary-attack
(Write the keys you know in a file (dictionary).
MCT will try to authenticate with these
keys against all sectors and read as much as possible.)
• Format a tag back to the factory/delivery state
• Write the manufacturer block of special MIFARE Classic tags
• Create, edit and save key files (dictionaries)
• Decode & Encode MIFARE Classic Value Blocks
• Decode & Encode MIFARE Classic Access Conditions
• Compare dumps (Diff Tool)
• Display generic tag information
• Display the tag data as highlighted hex
• Display the tag data as 7-Bit US-ASCII
• Display the MIFARE Classic Access Conditions as a table
• Display MIFARE Classic Value Blocks as integer
• In-App (offline) help and information
• It’s open source (GPLv3) 😉
Some important things are:
• The features this tool provides are very basic. There are nosuch
fancy things like saving a URL to an RFID-Tag with a nicelooking
graphical user interface. If you want so save things on atag,
you have to input the raw hexadecimal data.
• This App can NOT crack/hack
any MIFARE Classic keys. If you want to read/write an RFID-Tag,you
need keys for this specific tag first. For additionalinformation
please read/see Getting Started from the linkssection.
• There will be no “brute-force” attack
capability in this application. It is way too slow due
to the protocol.
• The first block of the first sector of an original
MIFARE Classic tag is read-only i.e. not writable. Butthere
are special MIFARE Classic tags that support writing tothe
manufacturer block with a simple write command. This App is ableto
write to such tags and can therefore create fully correctclones.
However, some special tags require a special commandsequence
to put them into the state where writing to the manufacturer blockis possible.
These tags will not work.
Remember this when you are shopping for special tags!
• This app will NOT work on some devices because
their hardware (NFC-controller) does not support MIFAREClassic
( https://github.com/ikarus23/MifareClassicTool/issues/1 ).
You can find a list of unsupported devices here:
• Project Page on github:
• MIFARE Classic Tool on F-Droid:
• Getting started & other help:
• Bug tracker:
IF YOU ENCOUNTER A PROBLEM PLEASE REPORT IT HERE
• Additional stuff:
• Thread at the Proxmark3 Forum:
MIFARE® is a registered trademark of NXP Semiconductors.